MUJWAA CATHOLIC PARISH
Mujwaa Catholic Parish is the genesis of the Catholic Church in the larger Meru, which comprised of the two current Meru Counties namely Meru and Tharaka-Nithi.
Luigi Olivero and Giovanni Balbo planted the first church in 1911 after a stint at Kiija where they’d had settled initially.
It was at the current Mujwaa Parish grounds where the two pioneer Italian Catholic priests namely Fathers
At the Parish the pioneer priests were among the first ever to install their own electricity power generating plant in Meru in 1926.
Stone Plaque at Mujwaa Catholic Church
Grave-yard Cementry Within Mujwaa Catholic Church